Classes in metal clay, jewelry making and lampwork beads are held both in our studio and at local art centers. Those held in art centers are done so according to the regulations defined by the center. Please consult their schedules/catalogs for those guidelines.
Classes held in our studio are subject to the following policies:
- You must pre-register for sessions as class sizes are limited.
- Payment is due with registration and class placement will not be confirmed until payment is received. Payment may be made with cash, check or credit card.
- CLASS FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Students missing classes due to illness, etc. will be allowed to reschedule IF space is available.
- Students who cancel less than 5 days prior to the scheduled class or don’t show up for class, will forfeit 50% of the class costs. The remainder may possibly be applied to a future class or materials.
- Materials and classroom tools for metal clay classes are provided unless otherwise noted.
- Additional materials and personal tools are available for purchase from the instructor.
- Classes are held in Linda’s private studio and directions will be given when registration is confirmed.
- The studio is down a flight of stairs and is NOT handicap accessible.
- Firing of finished class pieces is included in the course fee.
- Additional kiln time can be purchased for $10 a load.
- We are not responsible for any pieces left in our studio, but will do our utmost to secure and protect them until you pick them up.
- We maintain a smoke free environment. No smoking is allowed anywhere on the property.
- Please turn off or switch cell phones to vibrate.
- If you must take a call during class, please leave the room.
- If you step out of the classroom during presentations, please don’t expect the class to wait for me to catch you up. I will help you as time allows.
- Drinks are allowed in closed containers, but please eat meals before you arrive.
- Please arrive EARLY to class; I will start class at the scheduled time so we can complete projects on time.
- You are expected to stay for the entire class. If you must leave early you are responsible for completing your projects on your own. there will be an additional charge for extra instruction time.
- Weather cancelations rarely occur, but in case of inclement weather, the class could be rescheduled. I am concerned about your safety in traveling to my studio, so if in doubt about the class, please call.
- Please come expecting to be challenged, have some fun, and learn something new!
- Project sheets that are developed and written by Linda Stiles Smith are protected by US copyright laws. Please do not copy the sheets or use them in your own teaching unless given written permission to do so. You are encouraged to make the projects for yourself or others and use them as inspiration for your own designs.